Scripture Journal - Prayer

(click photo to view larger)
 Here is my first scripture journal post :) and it's all about prayer. 

Scriptures:
Alma 31:10 & 31- we can pray to overcome temptation. Alma prayed for strength to endure his afflictions, not to be delivered from them. 
Alma 31 teaches me that as I pray, I need to make sure I pray in faith for whatever I may need or desire. I also learn from Alma that it is important and even necessary to pray for other people. I know that I will pray for my companions on my mission just as I pray for my friends and family members now. 
Alma 34:39
3 Nephi 18:20 - when we believe we can receive revelation 
2 Nephi 32:8 - the devil teaches us not to pray, but we know we must pray. 
-- In my life when I really don't feel like praying, I ask the Lord for strength and a renewed desire to pray. I also ask for His forgiveness for my weaknesses in prayer and plead with Him to help me become better at communicating with Him more frequently and with sincerity. The last thing I want is to be chastened by the Lord for 3 hours for forgetting to call upon him.

Favorite Quotes: 
"Salvation cannot come without revelation, it is vain for anyone to minister without it." - Joseph Smith
We should speak WITH not TO our Heavenly Father. 

Sometimes the reply may take a while, but we never have to worry that our message has been lost. - A sister missionary in Nauvoo

What should we say in our prayers?
We should open our prayers by addressing our Heavenly Father.
Our prayers should then include open and honest communication between us and the Father.
We should express gratitude.
Ask for help, strength, protection, understanding, guidance & direction.
Repent of our sins and ask for forgiveness. 
Pray with real intent, sincerity, and in faith. 
We should end our prayers by saying "In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

Why, specifically, should we end our prayers in this manner? 
-- Although we are praying to our Heavenly Father, Christ is the mediator between us and Him. Without Christ, we would not be able to return to the presence of the Father and would be incapable of communicating with Him. 

If you went to bed each night and woke up in the morning with only the things you had thanked God for the night before? What would you have?
-- I know I need to thank the Lord for ALL THAT I HAVE. 

Blessings of Prayer: 

  1. comfort & peace
  2. we can be warned of danger
  3. strength to resist temptation 
  4. forgiveness of sins
  5. answers to our questions
  6. we will see God's influence more in our lives
  7. we will learn the voice of the spirit
  8. we can feel closer to God and Christ
  9. better decision making 
  10. our minds will be filled with inspiring & uplifting thoughts
  11. we will want to do good & be helpful to others 
  12. we will know TRUE love - the Love of Christ!



as you can see, there is still some space to be filled, but I am loving my scripture journal and I am learning more about this amazing gospel :) 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Czech me Out

Hi there :)

This is me, Sister Kari Kane, and this is the story of my journey in becoming a Sister Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Love always,
Sister Kane

Write Me at:

Mailing address at the MTC is:

Sister Kari Camille Kane
MTC Mailbox #232
CZE-SLVK 0528
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793
United States


Mission Office:

Sister Kari Camille Kane
Czech/Slovak Mission
Badeniho 1
160 00 Praha 6
Czech Republic

If your family ships a package with a private courier they will need this phone number
420 224-322-215