Sister Kane's Letter 02_24_14

I caught my vision :) 

Every missionary who goes on a mission should learn this phrase at some point.
"OUR PURPOSE - invite others to come unto christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism by immersion, receive the gift of the holy ghost, and endure to the end." 
It is the missionary purpose. 

Learning, however, is not the same as applying.
There comes a point in the mission where "I know" turns into "I do" and "I do" turns into "I become"
Example: Nefi was taught and knew the doctrines of the gospel. These doctrines lead him to go and do the things that the Lord had commanded. Because of His obedience and commitment, he became a great prophet and a powerful instrument in the Lord's hands. 

I have known the missionary purpose since I entered the MTC. That knowledge drove me to "do"missionary like things. (teach, preach, ponder, pray, exhort, fast, etc.) My actions have lead me to become more of the missionary I know God wants me to be. 
I read this week about how God's glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." 
1 Thessalonians 2 - we, as missionaries, share the same glory.  
What an AMAZING blessing. For a short time we get to share God's vision. We get to work side by side with Him. What a privilege. 

I studied knowledge this week. Quite interesting that the bible dictionary does not describe knowledge as a collection of "facts", "street smarts"or "ACT scores"
No; rather the inspired writers of this dictionary define knowledge as one of the "attributes of God" I cannot even IMAGINE how much He knows. What an attribute; to acquire knowledge is to become like God. I wants to always always always learn. 

This week I begin the study and application of Charity and Love. Wish me luck! :) I am going to try and serve Sister Krauel a lot more :)
 
We had a rough start to this week - but God blessed us with SOOO many miracles. We have 3 new people that we are teaching this week. They are amazing people. I'd love to tell you sooo much about them but I also want to respect their privacy. Just know they're super cool :) 

We had one of the most spiritual meetings I have had in my whole mission with a new investigator. Just LET the spirit teach. Just let him :) 

Miracle - we were headed to visit a member. (wasn't on plan but we were contacting and felt like we needed to go visit her) prayed - went. Got on a bus. Turns out the bus driver was a man sister Belibi Minya and I contacted a month ago. Said hello. Kept driving. off we go! 1/2 hour later, get off the bus. check some bus times to see when we should return to trencin. Bus driver stops the bus. "does he think we want to get back on?" next thing we know he's off the bus talking to us asking us when church is and how to get to our building? 

WHAT? 

We're teaching him now :) He is SOO spiritual. Wonderful person really. SOoo excited for him! 

We also had training in Brno this week. President McConkie is just great. sooo great :) I felt the spirit sooo much during training. "whether by mine own voice of the voice of my servants it is the same" what does that mean? When our zone leaders, APS, or mission president speak and give us commitments, it is as if the Lord himself is giving us commitments. What if our investigators understood that concept about missionary commitments?

so HAPPY to be a missionary :D 

Love you all and hope you all have an amazing week and feel God's love and share that love with some one else and and and just have a GREAT WEEK! :) Don't worry be happy :) 

Love - Sestra Kane 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Czech me Out

Hi there :)

This is me, Sister Kari Kane, and this is the story of my journey in becoming a Sister Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Love always,
Sister Kane

Write Me at:

Mailing address at the MTC is:

Sister Kari Camille Kane
MTC Mailbox #232
CZE-SLVK 0528
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793
United States


Mission Office:

Sister Kari Camille Kane
Czech/Slovak Mission
Badeniho 1
160 00 Praha 6
Czech Republic

If your family ships a package with a private courier they will need this phone number
420 224-322-215